Story submissions should be original work by the author and under 350 words. Photo attachments should be at least 300px wide by 300px tall and under 2MB. All video submissions must be in the form of a URL linking to a YouTube video.
Submissions containing the following will not be considered for publication on the site:
- vulgarity, needlessly aggressive or rude language;
- personal attacks of any kind;
- offensive comments that target or disparage any ethnic, racial, or religious group;
- spam or links to unrelated websites;
- items that are clearly off topic;
- comments promoting illegal activity;
- promotion of for-profit services and products, or political organizations or views;
- infringement on copyrights or trademarks;
- inclusion of personal identifiable information that could in any way compromise the safety and security of Year Up students, alumni, staff, or volunteers.
Please allow 2-3 business days for your submission to be approved for use on the website. You will receive email confirmation upon publication of your submission to myyearup.org.
Stories, photos, and video will become property of Year Up and may be edited and used in all print and electronic media, including but not limited to yearup.org and myyearup.org, and distributed in all markets and media worldwide and in perpetuity. You will not be paid for your submission. By submitting the above, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions and consent to your first name and last initial and geographic location possibly being published in connection with the publication, distribution and/or broadcast of your submission(s).